Sunday, June 28, 2015

Letter to My Future Self

Dear Aaron,

I really hope you found a job by now! But in all seriousness, I really hope you've made the difference you set out to make. Ten years of teaching has either left you feeling like you have discovered your calling, or has you ready to go get a PhD. I hope it's the former. Juggling the different requirements of your job is tough, but I imagine you've found some solid balance. Reaching students that come from tough backgrounds was always your goal, and I hope you have not given up on them. I know kids like you were can be tough to reach. Still, you can never forget how important it is to try. Your own kids are teenagers now, and I hope you've been successful in teaching them a love for learning that you always had, but never knew what to do with at their age. I think more than anything, I want you to always keep your eye on the prize. You set out to make a difference. You might not be able to reach every kid, but I think every kid you do reach is worth the effort. Hold on to the good moments, but learn from the bad. Always remember, everyone has potential, they just need to recognize it.


Always remember your "why,"


Aaron Brumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment